In Sapa, Vietnam

In Sapa, Vietnam

About Me

My photo
Sharing time between Southampton and Noyal-Muzillac in southern Brittany. Sports coach, gardener, hockey player, cyclist and traveller. I studied an MA in Management and Organisational Dynamics at Essex University in 2016-17. Formerly an Operations Manager with NEC Technologies (UK) Ltd.

Saturday 17 January 2015

Orion - At Last

One of the tasks on my MOOC (see Back to University post from earlier this month) was to take a photograph of ...... the Orion constellation. Simple? Not for me.

After a sequence of dodgy blurred over-exposed and under-exposed efforts on a clear night last week, and then  a series of nights when the sky remained stubbornly cloudy I finally had to admit defeat and read the camera manual. So, armed with the knowledge to set the ISO speed and the aperture - both set to automatic to satisfy the 98% of people who only ever use the programme setting - I got something that I'm half happy with:


No comments:

Post a Comment