In Sapa, Vietnam

In Sapa, Vietnam

About Me

My photo
Sharing time between Southampton and Noyal-Muzillac in southern Brittany. Sports coach, gardener, hockey player, cyclist and traveller. I studied an MA in Management and Organisational Dynamics at Essex University in 2016-17. Formerly an Operations Manager with NEC Technologies (UK) Ltd.

Friday 30 January 2015

MOOC Done

Walking today:     3.7km.   Walking MTD: 83.7km.      Walking YTD: 83.7km
Swimming today: 1.35km.  Swimming MTD: 9.05km. Swimming YTD: 9.05km



I finished the OpenLearn MOOC last night, to remind you it was called "In the Night Sky: Orion"

As the first time I've done any proper study for a long time it was a good place to start, a subject I'd covered at University and had an interest in since then. I probably knew about 50% of the course content and the rest comprised some new material and some updates of things I had learnt previously but have changed since (astro-physics is a fast-moving field).

There's no qualification or exams but there was an informal end of course test, I got 29 out of 30 (forgot what happens to a white dwarf at the end of its life - answers by email please).

The Orion Nebula - birthplace of stars


I've signed onto a couple more MOOCs starting later in the year; Cyber Security and Hadrian's Wall. That's quite a broad range of interests .....

No comments:

Post a Comment