In Sapa, Vietnam

In Sapa, Vietnam

About Me

My photo
Sharing time between Southampton and Noyal-Muzillac in southern Brittany. Sports coach, gardener, hockey player, cyclist and traveller. I studied an MA in Management and Organisational Dynamics at Essex University in 2016-17. Formerly an Operations Manager with NEC Technologies (UK) Ltd.

Sunday 6 February 2011

Weekly Update



It’s February – already! No specific subject for this post but rather a diary update.

Hockey last Sunday was another first for me – a 147 mile away journey to Entrammes. Apart from one cup match I played in Durham that’s the furthest I’ve ever gone to play a match of hockey. We played badly but beat Laval 2-0 and badly again to lose 3-6 to Entrammes who are the best team I’ve come up against so far with two outstanding players. La Baule have made a good showing in the league and are third now with two games to play. Finally on Thursday I managed a full training session without on Friday being unable to walk upstairs properly – the legs are working again :o)

The rest of the week has mainly been spent on gardening, I’ve dug over the old bed underneath the (apricot ?) tree and transferred many of the plants we moved from the Fleet garden. As well as planting out many plants into the garden I also found that we had a lot of lilies and hostas that had multiplied so there are nearly forty pots of plants sitting on the concrete outside the barn – it looks like a real Nursery! I’ve also removed a huge lilac that had gone rampant in the wrong place and started re-arranging the woodstore in the open barn. And cleaned the green car (first time since June …….).

I spent a day helping Kevan and Gloria before their move next week, they have some of those inevitable tidying and finishing jobs that everyone means to do all the time they are in a house but only get round to just before they leave.

And I made contact with another British expat in the area. I’ve been looking for a French language or conversation group to join and Sue put me in contact with Lorraine who lives in Le Guerno and ia a member of a group in Questembert. I’m going to go along next week to find out more.

And a quick review of January:

Maximum Temp:         12C
Minimum Temp:          -5C
Rain days:                   7
Number of bird species seen:  22

No comments:

Post a Comment