In Sapa, Vietnam

In Sapa, Vietnam

About Me

My photo
Sharing time between Southampton and Noyal-Muzillac in southern Brittany. Sports coach, gardener, hockey player, cyclist and traveller. I studied an MA in Management and Organisational Dynamics at Essex University in 2016-17. Formerly an Operations Manager with NEC Technologies (UK) Ltd.

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Getting a bit fitter with a Fit Bit

Walking Monday 28 December: 3.2 km (Tynemouth Long Sands)
Walking Tuesday: 11.9km
Swimming Wednesday: 1.1km
Walking Wednesday:  9.0km
Swimming Thursday: 1.30km
Walking Thursday (New Year's Eve) 13.1km

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~. 

This is the first post since New Year, during 2015 I recorded manually all the walking, swimming and cycling activities I performed. Unfortunately, being a manual process, I'm a bit backlogged at present so the 2015 cumulative totals will have to wait a little longer.

At Christmas I was given a Fitbit - it's a wearable bracelet like this in case you haven't seen one: 



It's basically an electronic pedometer - a stepcounter - and it uses some data about you to calculate the distance walked and calories consumed throughout the day. It also - rather spookily - measures how long you have slept for and assesses the quality of that sleep. Of course the whole thing operates through an App which enables recording and analysis over time.

So, in the future I'll be relaying FitBit data in the blog. Not sure yet exactly what info I'll track. Here's my  weekly calorie analysis for example: 


I'm also monitoring weight and blood pressure weekly - not a hypochondriac yet but I do believe in getting as sensible amounts of information about the state of my health.


No comments:

Post a Comment