In Sapa, Vietnam

In Sapa, Vietnam

About Me

My photo
Sharing time between Southampton and Noyal-Muzillac in southern Brittany. Sports coach, gardener, hockey player, cyclist and traveller. I studied an MA in Management and Organisational Dynamics at Essex University in 2016-17. Formerly an Operations Manager with NEC Technologies (UK) Ltd.

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Read in High Places .... ?

It seems that the blog may be attracting a wider readership than I thought.

After my sardonic comments about M. Hollande's press conference - and my willingness to pay for Le President's morning after the night before croissants - we received an advance tax demand. That's the first time we've received that from les impots.

Disappointingly there seems to be a more mundane explanation. Our friends Sue and Steve had received one too for the first time (they've been here for many years) so it seems it's simply the French government trying to prop up its cash-flow to fill the €30 Billion budget gap it's heading for next year.

I will, however, certainly check the blog followers carefully in case the name F. Hollande should appear ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment