In Sapa, Vietnam

In Sapa, Vietnam

About Me

My photo
Sharing time between Southampton and Noyal-Muzillac in southern Brittany. Sports coach, gardener, hockey player, cyclist and traveller. I studied an MA in Management and Organisational Dynamics at Essex University in 2016-17. Formerly an Operations Manager with NEC Technologies (UK) Ltd.

Friday 7 June 2013

Lost in Translation

In Paris for the tennis we went to a restaurant called "Sur le Fil" in Montparnasse.

Helpfully the menu in the window had a translation in English, these days I only read the English to identify amusing translation but on this occasion my French wasn't up to "Cannette de Barbary" so I read on to the English version underneath.

Not much more helpful as the translation was "A can of Barbarisms".

Thanks Bing or Google Translate or whoever was responsible for that.

Actually it's Barbary Duck - and it and the restaurant were fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment