In Sapa, Vietnam

In Sapa, Vietnam

About Me

My photo
Sharing time between Southampton and Noyal-Muzillac in southern Brittany. Sports coach, gardener, hockey player, cyclist and traveller. I studied an MA in Management and Organisational Dynamics at Essex University in 2016-17. Formerly an Operations Manager with NEC Technologies (UK) Ltd.

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Allez les Blancs!


"I like English beer. I like your Queen. I can even sing your national song. How do I become English?"

The hockey club was watching the France-England  rugby international in a bar in La Baule after losing 0-1 to Carquefou in the morning - a result that almost certainly ends any thought of winning the league. J-C may have been influenced by the rugby score - 14-3 to England after 20 minutes when he made his first request to change nationality. A good game was greatly enlivened for Rosbifs and French alike by a camera shot of Nicolas Sarkozy at the Stade de France looking even more miserable than normal.



24-22 to England at the final whistle - at least the two Brits in our team took some comfort from one of the day's results. Second year running les blancs had triumphed.

The last thing J-C said to me was "Red roses really are my favourite"

No comments:

Post a Comment