In Sapa, Vietnam

In Sapa, Vietnam

About Me

My photo
Sharing time between Southampton and Noyal-Muzillac in southern Brittany. Sports coach, gardener, hockey player, cyclist and traveller. I studied an MA in Management and Organisational Dynamics at Essex University in 2016-17. Formerly an Operations Manager with NEC Technologies (UK) Ltd.

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Gardening One-upmanship



Last week I prepared the potager for the vegetable seed planting using my (still shiny) red rotovator (motobineuse). I have five strips of soil now warming up by the day and three more on the other side of the field in the fosse bed. After (quite a lot) of trial and error I have got the machine set up well now so it chugs along quite happily with little need for me to push or heave it around, it leaves a pretty finely dug strip of soil that looks almost ready for sowing. I was feeling pretty happy with this and our facteur (postman) commented on the work when he dropped off a phone bill on Saturday (he also described my new green post box as “Impeccable” as it now meets La Poste’s standards – it’s worth staying in with your postie!)

Lucien, our neighbour opposite, was working on his potager today. He dug his with a tractor and plough – a real red tractor with a big shiny steel plough. Not sure how I can beat that ….

No comments:

Post a Comment